Friday, September 3, 2010

We're Baaaack!

And I guess by that, I mean "I'm back" because they raccoons have been here all along, I have just been remiss in posting their photos. The last week or so it's been Sweetie and two babies, instead of four. Time for the other two to break away from mom and start exploring on their own I suppose. Stubby didn't come as often this summer as last, which kind of makes me sad. Don't know if it's because Sweetie and her kits were ruling the roost, or they found other cool places to hang out. Still hoping to see Stubs more in the future. But here is Sweetie and her two BIG babies from this evening - eating crackers off my knee and feet!








2 comments:

Lenny Lee said...

hi! im happy to see youre back. i been looking for you. right now we got 3 mom coons and one has 3 kits and 2 have 2 kits. i love the kits soooo much. theyre so cute and pretty trusting cause the moms trust us. i got one little runty that climbs up my leg and sits right in my lap. i break off little pieces of cookies and put it in her mouth and she chomps them with her mouth open. her brother comes in the kitchen too but wants a whole cookie just like mom. i love this little runt. hes not afraid of the other coons and jumps down and chases them and then its back up in my lap for more cookies. ha ha i wish i had a camera so i could take some cool pictures like you do.
...smiles from lenny

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

That's just amazing...And I'm going to have to talk to Lenny about safety...