Thursday, July 9, 2009

ZOMBIE RACCOONS ATTACK



No, wait... not zombies, it's another six pack! Not since the summer of 2007 has the yard been rocked by a sixers mixer! Last night we were surprised to see our oldest and sweetest friend Stubby, with six little kits. The Cracker Man woke me up at 4:15 saying that there was a new family of raccoons downstairs. Even through my sleep haze, I identified the mom as our sweet Stubby. The large, partially blind coon that I thought was a dude for years before she came with a baby a few years ago. This was the first time we have seen Stubby and her brood this summer - since they were there at 4:30am perhaps we have just had not known that they are on the super late shift. Stubby seems to be a great mom. All the babies stick very close to her, and they were all very brave and sweet even on the first meeting. Making such sweet noises to each other, and peeking in to meet me and the Cracker Man.





No comments: