Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It Was the Best of Times, it Was the Worst of Times

The mom and babies came last night, and I wish I could have gotten a picture of the first sight I saw... all the little raccoon butts high in the air, all diving into the pot at the same time. It was a hoot!

After I got situated with the door and cameras, I noticed there were only 5 babies, and the group seemed to be a bit on edge. I won't count number six out yet, sometimes we do have varying numbers, so it could be he was on a time-out in the den. That's what I'm hoping. So they were all very hungry and ate alot of food! They had some grapes and a new treat - graham crackers! Mom loved the graham crackers, she dunked them in the water, making a very watery/dirty graham cracker soup.



After the feast, once again they retired to the upstairs patio for a nap. All 5 babies fell fast asleep and mom gave them all a good grooming, then she caught a few winks herself. I'm pleased that they feel safe there, if only for a brief moment in their day.


Fingers crossed that next time there will again be six.

No comments: